NAHU's 18th Annual Capitol Conference
Unleash the Power!
NAHU's 18th Annual Capitol Conference is coming up on February 4-6, 2008! With the current political climate, the national focus on health care reform and the 2008 elections looming, we hope as many NAHU members as possible will make plans to attend! The preliminary agenda is available online.
Some of the events the conference will feature are:
- An election update by noted analyst Charlie Cook
- Exciting speakers representing the congressional and executive branches of government
- Training on how to give a presentation on Healthy Access, NAHU's vision for affordable and responsible health care reform
- Sessions on topics like working with the new Congress, how we can effectively address Connector proposals at the state and federal levels of government, building health care consumerism and developing your grassroots and membership base The early-bird deadline for conference registration is December 14th. To register today and save $75, please go online and follow the instructions noted below. LPRT qualifiers will be receiving a separate e-mail with a promotional code to use when registering online. The promotional code will automatically deduct the appropriate LPRT registration discount.
To register, click here then:
- Click "login" in the upper right corner.
- If you have not already reset your password for the new login, please click here and follow the instructions. You will then be able to login and complete your registration.
- Once logged in, click on "Events."
- Click on "2008 Capitol Conference."
- Scroll all the way down -- you should see your membership number.
- You will already be signed up for the main registration; you will just need to add any guests or note if you are a first-time attendee. If you are neither of these, move on to the next step.
- Click "check-out."
- Follow the prompts for badge information and checking out to complete your registration.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation that your registration has been completed.
Once you've registered, make sure that you buy your tickets for the HUPAC fundraising event. (After you log in, please click on "Upcoming Events.") This year we will be offering an exclusive and interactive Spy Bus Tour of Washington, DC, arranged by the International Spy Museum! The tour will be on Tuesday, February 5, at 5:00 p.m. and space is very limited. Tickets will probably not be available onsite, so please make sure you sign up online now to guarantee your spot. An early-bird discount for tour tickets will be offered through December 14th. Early-bird prices will be $100 per ticket for all HUPAC contributors at the 365 Club level and above, and $125 for all others. After December 14th, the prices go up to $110 and $135, so make sure you buy yours now!
Also, check the Capitol Conference website for information about hotel accommodations and discount information on airline travel from our preferred airline, American Airlines. The cutoff date for the $262-plus-tax NAHU conference rate at our host hotel, the J.W. Marriott, is January 4. Reservations can be made by calling 888-236-2427 or 202-393-2000. Make sure you identify yourself as a conference participant to get the preferred rate.
We look forward to seeing you at Capitol Conference 2008!